Part 1 | “Intimacy through Trust” Print · Download PDF · Send to a friend
The following questions are meant to help your group enter into meaningful discussion that we pray will help you grow in your walk with God. They are simply a guide, so you don’t have to use or get through all of them. You may want to look through them ahead of time and identify the ones that would work well with your group. Any questions you don’t get to might be used by your group members for study and reflection in their personal devotional times. And if your group naturally breaks the ice, feel free to skip the icebreaker question. Remember, it’s all about community, so let the Spirit guide your discussion where He wants it to go.
- What is the most extreme thing you have ever done? (i.e. sky diving, bungee jumping)
- Have you ever stepped out in faith for something? Give an example.
- How did God bless you after you stepped out in faith?
- God has never broken a promise to us, so why is it so hard to completely trust Him for our needs?
- Pete said in the message: "The larger the risk, the greater opportunity for intimacy." When have you felt the closest to God? Did it follow a time of faith or crisis?
- Is there something that you know you need to step out in faith about?
- Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust God from the bottom of your heart. Don’t try to figure everything out on your own. Listen to God’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go. He’s the one who will keep you on track.” Take a moment to reflect on what this means for you and your family. What are your thoughts?
- How has this group or another group helped you confront or redeem your desire to not give up?
- Take a few minutes to pray as a group about what you can do to support the vision of Faith, Hope & Love.
- Read Habakkuk 3:2. Does someone in your group need a miracle right now? Take a moment to pray as a group for them.